Admissions and Finances


Admissions for Full-time Graduate Programs

The Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment is available to answer questions about the Krieger and Whiting Schools’ full-time graduate program application process and respond to general admissions inquiries and requests for information. Please visit for a complete list of graduate programs offered by the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences (KSAS) and the Whiting School of Engineering (WSE), and for information regarding the admissions process.

Admissions/Information for Visiting Graduate Students and Volunteers

The schools of Arts and Sciences, and Engineering recognize and appreciate the contributions of volunteers and visiting graduate students to its mission of education and research and has policies in place to enable both schools to retain and set forth requirements pertaining to volunteers and visiting graduate students. Interested applicants should visit: for more information.

Back to top

Costs of Attendance and Financial Aid

Costs of Attendance

See the Office of Student Financial Services' website for financial aid information.

See the Office of Student Accounts' website for tuition rates and refund schedule.

Funding, Financial Aid, and Student Loans

Graduate students should contact their department(s) for information concerning funding support availability.  Information for the Whiting School can be found here as well:   Students who are seeking federal financial aid are required to fill out a new FAFSA form every year if they wish to continue receiving financial aid. For more information on student loans and work-study opportunities, go to the Student Financial Services website ( or visit their office in Garland Hall.


Diversity Fellowships

Johns Hopkins is a community committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion in order to achieve and sustain excellence. We firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of students, faculty and staff and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. This climate for diversity, inclusion and excellence is critical to attaining the best research, scholarship, teaching, health care, and other strategic goals of the Health System and the University. Taken together these values are recognized and supported fully by the Johns Hopkins Institutions leadership at all levels. Further, we recognize that the responsibility for excellence, diversity and inclusion lies with all of us at the Institutions: leadership, administration, faculty, staff and students.


WSE-Specific Graduate Fellowship Information

The Whiting School of Engineering offers a number of endowed fellowships that provide supplemental financial aid to incoming and current full-time engineering students.  Full-time degree seeking graduate students are automatically considered for the fellowships. See the WSE Graduate Fellowship and Grants website for more information.

KSAS-Specific Graduate Fellowship Information

The Krieger School of Arts and Sciences offers an incredible array of opportunities for student researchers in the areas of natural science, social science, and humanities. See the KSAS Research Awards and Opportunities website for more information.

Veterans Educational Benefits

Johns Hopkins is approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission for the training of veterans, service members, eligible spouses and dependents under the provisions of the various federal laws pertaining to veterans' educational benefits. Information about veterans' benefits and enrollment procedures may be obtained at or  the Office of the Registrar, 75 Garland Hall, 410-516-6635.

Initial Enrollment

Once admitted to the university, the student must complete an Application for Program of Education or Training (VA Form 22-1990) from the Department of Veteran Affairs. A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility, along with a copy of the DD-214, is sent to the Veterans Desk, Office of the Registrar, 75 Garland Hall, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218. Additional delivery options can be found at

The student who is transferring from another university or college will need to obtain a Request for Change of Place of Training (VA Form 22-1995) from the Department of Veteran Affairs. The completed form should be submitted to the VA, and a copy sent to the Veterans Desk at the university.


Students who received veterans' benefits at the university the preceding semester and plan to enroll with no change of objective should inform the Veterans Desk,  at the time of registration that they want to be recertified under the provisions of their eligibility.

Students receiving veterans' benefits must take courses that lead toward the exact objective (usually a specific degree) on the original VA application. Otherwise, they must submit a Request for Change of Program (VA Form 22-1995). Students utilizing veterans' benefits must let the Veteran School Certifying Official know immediately of any change in their program or status that might affect the amount of their VA payment. If they fail to do so, the Department of Veterans Affairs will seek reimbursement from the student for any overpayment.

Standards of Progress

Continuation of VA payments depends on the student's meeting the university's academic standards for all students. The student must also meet any standards of progress which may be established by VA regulations.

Military TA

For guidance with utilizing Military tuition assistance please contact .

The College Navigator Tool 

Veteran students may go to the College Navigator to access a school comparision tool.