Registration Policies

Advising and Registration Periods

All students are required to meet with an advisor for each declared major prior to registering for the fall and spring semesters.  Advisor alert(s) for each declared major are placed on all students' records in SIS well in advance of the registration period; the alert(s) must be released by the advisor(s) to permit the student to register.

In the School of Arts and Sciences, freshman, first-semester transfer students, and undeclared students meet with their academic advisor beginning six weeks in advance of the registration period. Students with declared majors should contact their faculty advisor to schedule a meeting prior to their registration date.

In the School of Engineering, students meet with their faculty advisors during Engineering Advising Week (early November for spring registration and early April for fall registration).

Undergraduates register for spring semester in November, for Intersession in December, for summer in March, and for fall semester in April. Detailed instructions about registration will be emailed to all students before the registration period each term. If the student has not received this information at least two weeks before the start of classes for a fall or spring term, perhaps because of a change of email address or status in the university, the Office of the Registrar should be contacted immediately.

Schedule Verification

Students are responsible for verifying their official schedules in SIS.  Students are encouraged to retain a copy of their schedule for their records. In addition, students are advised to check their schedules after performing online registration changes (adding and dropping courses) to ensure accuracy.  It is also recommended that students review their schedule prior to the add, drop and withdrawal deadlines. Changes to a student’s schedule will not be approved after these deadlines have passed. Failure to review and retain a copy of their registration confirmation will not be considered grounds for approving exceptions to these deadlines.

Intersession and Summer Special Registration Information

Summer and intersession opportunities, such as JHU-sponsored study abroad courses and career exploration courses, may have special registration deadlines, fees, and procedures.  Please see the Intersession or Summer Programs websites for additional information.

Intersession is a three-week period in January for students and faculty to participate in a variety of optional credit and noncredit courses and activities that enrich the intellectual and social life of the campus.

For intersession academic exploration courses, the tuition cost of Homewood KSAS and WSE courses is free to undergraduates who were enrolled full-time in the previous fall semester (including approved study abroad); part-time students must pay tuition. All students must pay relevant fees. Students who are returning from a leave of absence may register for intersession if they pay tuition per credit hour.  Students who register for Hopkins intersession courses outside of KSAS/WSE are subject to tuition charges determined by the individual school.

Summer courses at JHU are primarily offered during two five-week terms.  Some courses run on alternative schedules and may, therefore, have different deadlines.  Courses are sponsored by the same academic departments that oversee the university's full-time degree programs.  They are designed to reproduce, as closely as possible, similar courses offered during the spring and fall semesters.  Tuition charges, and deadline dates, are published on the Summer Programs website. 

Late Registration Fees

Registration in the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering is not permitted after the end of the second week of the semester, except in extraordinary circumstances as approved by the Assistant Dean for Academic Advising for their respective school. Students must register on time, even when they lack sufficient funds. The university provides many financing alternatives that permit students to register in most financial situations.

Students who for any reason do not complete their registration until after the prescribed registration period will be required to pay a late registration fee according to the following schedule:

  • $100 - end of prescribed registration period until the day before the first day of classes of the upcoming semester
  • $150  - first day of classes through the end of the first week of classes
  • $200 - second week of classes
  • $300 - after the second week of classes (special permission only)

For late registration fees in the summer, please see the Summer Programs website.

Adding a Course

During the fall and spring semesters, students may add a course until the end of the second week of classes and pay no fees to add courses. During this time students may add courses without written approval, unless the course is filled or will cause a credit overload.  If the course will cause a credit overload, AS students need a signature from the AS Advising Office, while EN students need their faculty advisor’s signature and the approval of the EN Advising Office. An instructor’s signature is required to add a course that is filled. By the end of the second week of classes, students should have the schedule they want to keep.  As an exception to this policy, students may add research credits until the end of the sixth week of the semester. 

For fall and spring courses that are scheduled for less than the full semester, the last day to add will vary based upon course length and start date.  Please see the Registrar's Office website for details.  For intersession and summer deadlines, please refer to the Intersession or Summer Programs websites.

When adding courses in other divisions or at schools in the Baltimore Student Exchange Program (BSEP), Homewood undergraduates must follow the deadlines set by the host school or division. In the School of Public Health, the add deadlines are based on the quarter system, not the semester system that is used in other JHU divisions.

Dropping a Course

Courses may be dropped from the student’s record until the end of the sixth week of the semester, provided that the student remains registered for a minimum of 12 credits. For engineering students, faculty advisor approval is required to drop a course after the second week of classes.

For fall and spring courses that are scheduled for less than the full semester, the last day to drop will vary based upon course length and start date.  Please see the Registrar's Office website for details.  For intersession and summer deadlines, please refer to the Intersession or Summer Programs websites.

When dropping courses in other divisions or at schools in the  Baltimore Student Exchange Program (BSEP), Homewood undergraduates must follow the deadlines set by the host school or division. In the School of Public Health, the drop deadlines are based on the quarter system, not the semester system that is used in other JHU divisions.

Withdrawing from a Course

After the end of the sixth week and until the end of the eleventh week, a student may withdraw from a course with a W on their academic record. A record of the course will remain on the academic record with a W appearing in the grade column to indicate that the student registered and then withdrew from the course. Students are not allowed to withdraw from a course after the end of the eleventh week of the semester. Course withdrawals must be conducted in person at the Office of Registrar using an add/drop form.  Engineering students need the signature of their faculty advisor on the add/drop form.  Withdrawing from a course may adversely affect a student's academic standing or financial aid satisfactory academic progress, even with official approval.  

For fall and spring courses that are scheduled for less than the full semester, the last day to withdraw will vary based upon course length and start date.  Please see the Registrar's Office website for details.  For intersession and summer deadlines, please refer to the Intersession or Summer Programs websites.

When withdrawing from courses in other divisions or at schools in the  Baltimore Student Exchange Program (BSEP), Homewood undergraduates must follow the deadlines set by the host school or division. In the School of Public Health, the withdrawal deadlines are based on the quarter system, not the semester system that is used in other JHU divisions.

Back to top

Full-Time Student Status

Undergraduate students at Johns Hopkins University must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits each semester. Students who have not completed degree requirements after eight full-time semesters may register for less than 12 credits and pay for courses on a per credit basis with the permission of academic advising.

Fall and Spring Semester Credit Requirements and Limits

Credit is an approximate measure of the work required in a course. For undergraduate courses, the number of credits is normally equal to the number of hours that the class meets each week. Some laboratory courses are exceptions to this rule, meeting more hours per week than the credits awarded. Graduate-level courses completed by undergraduates are generally awarded the same number of credits as an upper-level undergraduate course (3 credits).

For Arts and Sciences students, the average course load is 15 credits per semester for eight semesters. For Engineering students, the standard load is 16-18 credits. AS freshmen are limited to 17 credits, while AS upperclassmen are limited to 18.5 credits. EN freshmen are limited to 18 credits (18.5 if including a foreign language), while EN upperclassmen are limited to 19.5 credits. Students must maintain full-time status by registering for at least 12 credits.

Intersession and Summer Credit Limits

Students may take a maximum of 3 credits during intersession. During the summer, students may take a maximum of 14 credits total, with a limit of 7 credits per session.

Exceptions to These Credit Limits

Arts and Sciences students who wish to take a credit overload must meet one of the following criteria:
  • Double degree students who are taking courses at both Peabody and Homewood
  • Seniors in their eighth semester
  • Upperclassmen who made Dean's List in the prior semester

Credit overloads for arts and sciences students require approval from academic advising.

Exceptions for EN Students

Credit overloads for engineering students are approved on a case-by-case basis. Engineering students who wish to overload need their faculty advisor’s signature, then final approval by the Engineering Advising Office. Usually, the student’s most recent academic performance is a factor in the decision. First-semester freshman are not granted credit overloads.

Registration Alerts

Retaking a Course

Prohibition on Registering for Courses that Meet at the Same Time

Restrictions on Equivalent Courses and Courses Taken Out of Sequence

Policy on Statistics Courses Sequencing

Important Note About Credit and Grades for Language Courses

Instructor's Permission

Auditing a Course

Registration Alerts

Registration alerts may be applied to student records for a variety of reasons, such as outstanding financial obligations, insurance and health clearances, academic standing, and missing emergency contact information. A student whose registration has been placed on hold for a non-academic reason must obtain clearance from the office or offices that placed the hold on registration. In addition, transcripts will not be released for students with unpaid balances.

Students who have three or more incomplete grades from the previous semester may have a hold placed on registration activity. The student must have the approval signature from the advising office of their school to register, add, or drop.

Retaking A Course

Students may retake a course to absolve a grade of C+ or lower. The grade for the second attempt and the associated credits are recorded on the transcript and are calculated into the GPA. The original grade remains along with the notation "R" to indicate the course was retaken. Such R grades do not affect grade point calculations and do not carry credit toward graduation. Only the grade in the retaken course accrues credit and applies to the GPA, even when the retaken grade is lower than the original grade. A student may retake one course without written permission. Taking the same course a third time or retaking another course requires written permission of the student's academic advising office.

A course originally taken for a letter grade must be retaken for a letter grade. A course taken under the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading option must be retaken under the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading option. First semester courses whose grades are covered by S/U notation are considered to have been taken for a letter grade. If a student wants to retake a course from the first semester, the second attempt must also be for a letter grade.

To absolve a grade, the same course must be taken at Hopkins, not another college or university. In situations where the same course is no longer offered, students may be able to absolve a grade in one of two ways:

  1. by repeating a course of comparable content and level, or
  2. as an independent study

Both of these options require approval of the department and/or instructor responsible for the course, and the student's academic advising office.

Other Restrictions on Absolving a Grade

Grades may not be absolved by retaking a course after graduation.

Grades assigned by the Ethics Board due to an academic ethics violation may not be removed from the academic record by retaking the course. 

Prohibition on Registering for Courses that Meet at the Same Time

Registering for two classes that meet at the same time or overlapping times is not permitted except as a temporary measure during the first weeks of the semester when students are still deciding on which classes to take. By the end of the first two weeks of classes, students must resolve time conflicts in their schedules.

Restrictions on Equivalent Courses and Courses Taken Out of Sequence

Courses that are sequential in nature, e.g., elementary, intermediate, and advanced language courses, or the Calculus sequence, must be taken in their proper order. One exception to this policy is that AS.210.301-302 may be taken in reverse order with permission of the department.

Credit will be awarded only once for equivalent courses covering the same material. Examples of equivalent courses are Intermediate French and  Advanced Intermediate French, and  AP Calc AB and Calculus I. This restriction does not apply to the Expository Writing course which may be taken twice. Be aware that departments may change course numbering or titles without changing the course content. Students who believe that they have registered for an equivalent course should consult with their academic advising office.

The following restrictions apply to overlapping and the sequencing of courses in the Mathematics and Applied Mathematics and Statistics Departments:

  • Students who earn credit for AS.110.201 Linear Algebra cannot receive credit for the combined course EN.553.291 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations or for the course.AS.110.212 Honors Linear Algebra.
  • Students who earn credit for AS.110.405 Analysis I cannot receive credit for AS.110.415 Honors Analysis I
  • Students who earn credit for AS.110.406 Analysis II cannot receive credit for AS.110.416 Honors Analysis II
  • Students who earn credit for AS.110.302 Differential Equations and Applications cannot receive credit for EN.553.291 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations or AS.110.306 Honors Differential Equations.
  • Students who earn credit for AS.110.202 Calculus III cannot receive credit for AS.110.211 Honors Multivariable Calculus.
  • Students who earn credit for AS.110.311 Methods of Complex Analysis cannot receive credit for AS.110.407 Honors Complex Analysis.
  • A student who earns credit in EN.553.291 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations may receive credit for further study of linear algebra or differential equations by enrolling for independent study. Normally students will earn 2 credits for such an independent study, but the number of credits may vary and is to be decided by the faculty sponsor. These students may not earn credit for AS.110.302 Differential Equations and Applications, AS.110.306 Honors Differential Equations, AS.110.201 Linear Algebra, or AS.110.212 Honors Linear Algebra.
  • Students who earn credit for EN.553.426 Introduction to Stochastic Processes cannot receive credit for EN.553.427 Stochastic Processes and Applications to Finance.

Courses in the Economics Department with restrictions:

  • Students who earn credit for AS.180.301 Microeconomic Theory may not earn credit for AS.180.401 Advanced Microeconomic Theory.
  • Students who earn credit for AS.180.334 Econometrics may not earn credit forAS.180.434 Advanced Econometrics).

Policy on Statistics Courses Sequencing

Undergraduate students at the Homewood Schools of Johns Hopkins University enjoy a wide selection of courses on statistics; however, it is not proper for a student to be awarded credit for two courses that cover essentially the same material. Likewise, it is not proper for a student to receive credit for a more basic course after having received credit for a more advance course in the same subject. 

Our statistics courses fall into one of the following four categories, listed in increasing level of sophistication: 

1.      Non-calculus based, basic

2.      Non-calculus based, intermediate

3.      Calculus based, intermediate

4.     Calculus based, advanced 

A student may take at most one course (or course sequence) from within one of these categories. A student may not take a course in a lower numbered category after having taken a course in a higher numbered category.

Some departments may require their undergraduate majors to take specific statistics courses; that is their prerogative. This policy simply precludes students from receiving credit for two courses that have much the same content, with possibly different emphases. It does not imply that one course in a category may be substituted for another.

The list below shows how the courses (and course sequences) are allocated to these categories. 

For example, a student may take EN.553.111 but then may not subsequently take AS.230.205. A student who has taken EN.553.310 may not also take EN.553.311 or any of the courses in the first two categories.

Category 1: (Non-calculus based, basic course)

 EN.553.111 Statistical Analysis I

AS.230.205 Introduction to Social Statistics

AP Statistics

Category 2: (Non-calculus based, intermediate course)

EN.553.211 Probability and Statistics for the Life Sciences

EN.553.230 Introduction to Biostatistics

AS.280.345 Public Health Biostatistics

AS.200.314 Advanced Statistical Methods-AS.200.315 Advanced Research Design and Analysis

Category 3: (Calculus-based, intermediate course)

EN.553.310 Probability & Statistics/EN.553.311 Probability and Statistics for the Biological Sciences and Engineering

EN.560.348 Probability & Statistics for Engineers

EN.560.435 Probability and Statistics in Civil Engineering (discontinued, last offered Spring 2011)

Category 4: (Calculus-based, advanced course)

EN.553.420 Introduction to Probability-EN.553.430 Introduction to Statistics

 Some courses do not fall into one of the four categories:

  • AS.200.207 Research Methods in Experimental Psychology This is not a probability/statistics course and may be taken in combination with any of the other courses listed in this document in any sequence.
  • EN.553.413 Applied Statistics and Data Analysis This course is mostly independent of the other probability/statistics courses, but subsumes enough of the non-calculus, basic course material that none of those courses (category 1) may be taken after EN.553.413.
  • EN.553.112 Statistical Analysis II may be taken after any category 1, 2, or 3 course. However, the preferable sequence is EN.553.111 Statistical Analysis I-EN.553.112 Statistical Analysis II.

 Equivalent Statistics Courses

The courses EN.553.310 Probability & Statistics and EN.553.311 Probability and Statistics for the Biological Sciences and Engineering are considered equivalent to each other and can be used interchangeably. A poor grade in one may be absolved by the opposite course.  

Important Note About Credit and Grades for Language Courses

Both semesters of language elements courses in French, German, Greek, Italian, Latin, Portuguese, Spanish, Yiddish, and languages offered in the Near Eastern Studies Department must be completed with passing grades in order to retain credit for both courses. If study of the language is terminated after the first semester, the student will lose the credit for the course. The course and grade will remain on the academic record, but no credit will be awarded and the grade will not affect the grade point average. This change to the record is generally made in the last semester prior to graduation by the student’s academic advising office, but students can also request that the advising office make the change at an earlier point. Students do not have to take both semesters of the first year of languages taught through the Center for Language Education to retain credit from the first semester.

Students must take the language elements (or beginning) courses for a letter grade, with the exception of the Russian Elements course.

Students in the School of Arts and Sciences do not receive an area designation for these elements courses. For students in the School of Engineering, language elements (or beginning) courses can be substituted for humanities courses in meeting the distribution requirement.

Instructor's Permission

Many graduate (600-level) courses in the School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering offered in the graduate divisions of the university, and some advanced undergraduate courses, require the instructor’s approval. Engineering students also need their faculty advisor’s approval. The Registrar’s Office will not enroll a student in such a course without the instructor’s signature.  If online enrollment is not available, students must use a paper registration or add/drop form.

Auditing a Course

Undergraduate students may not audit a course.  By the end of the add period, a student may only attend or participate in a course if registered for it. 

Registering for Independent Academic Work

“Independent academic work” is the collective term used to encompass independent study, research, and academic internships. Independent study means a program of study and reading under the tutelage of a faculty member. Academic credit for independent study is based on work equivalent to class-based courses. Research involves planning and conducting experiments, collection and analysis of data, and the reporting of results. Academic internships are practical work experiences which have an academic component as certified by a member of the faculty.

All forms of independent academic work require early planning with a faculty sponsor. To receive academic credit, the independent academic work must include some activity, exercise or product that can be evaluated by a regular member of the AS/EN faculty whose field of expertise is closely enough related to the work for the faculty sponsor to evaluate the work competently and certify that it merits academic credit.

Academic credit for independent academic work must be sponsored by a full-time member of the Homewood faculty. This is the case whether the work is done on campus or not. The work supervisor and the faculty sponsor may be the same individual. If the faculty sponsor is not the work supervisor, the work supervisor must provide the faculty sponsor with a report on the student’s achievements while doing the independent project and the faculty member must certify how much academic credit the project merits.

Students who wish to pursue independent academic work must begin by discussing their ideas with an appropriate faculty sponsor. That discussion must focus on what type of project the student envisions and what possibilities for academic credit the faculty member envisions. If the student and faculty member agree on the type of project and its academic value, then the student should find a suitable research or work environment for the project.

No more than three credits may be earned for independent study or research in one semester or summer (sessions I and II combined); only one credit may be earned for an academic internship during one semester or summer. Additionally, no more than 6 credits of any type of “independent work” may be earned in one academic year (see exception for students graduating in their eighth semester or later). The academic year begins in June with the first summer session and ends in May at the conclusion of the spring semester. Independent work done for academic credit must be unpaid. Credits for research and independent study may vary from 1-3 credits and may be graded with either letters grades (A, B, etc.) or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. Credit for an internship is limited to 1 credit, and the grading method is Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory only.

Students must register for research, independent studies, or internships by the end of the sixth week of the semester.  Students must observe the registration and add/drop deadlines in January Intersession and JHU Summer session.

Although academic credit is awarded for independent academic work, area designations are not assigned and the credit may not be used to satisfy the distribution requirement. The use of credit for independent academic work to satisfy the requirements of a major or minor is subject to prior written approval by the appropriate department or program.

Registering for Courses in Other JHU Divisions During the Fall and Spring Semesters

Qualified undergraduates may take courses at other divisions of the university by registering in person with the Homewood Registrar. In addition to the registration or add/drop form, students must submit a Supplemental Registration Form for Interdivisional Registration. Forms are available in the Homewood Registrar’s Office in 75 Garland Hall, in the Office of Academic Advising Garland Hall Suite 300, or the Office of Engineering Advising 103 Shaffer Hall. Courses taken at other JHU divisions must be taken for a letter grade, not S/U, unless the course at the host division is offered on an S/U basis only.

Peabody Institute

Performance courses at the Peabody Conservatory may either be as part of a grade and credit, or may be audited. Graded performance courses will receive 1 credit per semester unless taken for a double degree program. With the approval of a student’s teacher, performances that are audited may appear on a student’s academic record.

Homewood undergraduates who are not enrolled in a music major, minor, or degree program may take only one nonperformance course per semester at the Conservatory or Preparatory. These students may also take one performance course concurrently with the approval of the student’s academic advising office. Students taking lessons for the first time at Peabody must also complete an Extension Application form which is available in the same locations as the Supplemental Registration Form.

Students may take private lessons at Peabody Conservatory with an instructor who is a Conservatory faculty member or a Preparatory faculty member approved by the Deans of the Preparatory and Conservatory. Acceptance is on a space available basis following an audition to demonstrate intermediate or advanced skills. Auditions for Conservatory lessons are held in September. Students will be notified of their audition time by letter from the Conservatory Registrar’s Office. Space in lessons is limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a $190 fee per semester for one half- hour lesson per week ($200 for voice). Students who wish to take additional lessons will be charged for them.

The Peabody schedule and deadlines can differ from those at Homewood. Students taking courses and lessons at the Conservatory must check these dates in the Peabody Master Schedule of Courses.

Students who wish to take beginning level music lessons may enroll through the Preparatory on a non-credit basis.

The Carey Business School and The School of Education

Students may register for approved courses in these two schools on a case-by-case basis. Student are limited to no more than 12 credits in the Carey Business School or 12 credits in the School of Education. In order to register in the Carey Business School or the School of Education, students in Arts and Sciences and Engineering programs should use the Interdivisional Registration Form, available from the Homewood Registrar’s Office, which requires permission of their academic advisor and the appropriate school program director or advisor. Courses must be taken for a grade.  Note that the Carey Business School and the School of Education students have priority in registering for these schools’ courses.

School of Medicine and Bloomberg School of Public Health

Except for Public Health Studies majors taking courses at the School of Public Health who require only the Public Health faculty advisor’s approval signature, undergraduates may register for courses in these schools with the approval of the faculty advisor, the course instructor, and the student’s academic advising office. Students must have an adequate background for the courses, and courses must be taken for a grade.

Registering for Courses at Other JHU Divisions During the Summer

Degree-seeking students may be permitted to enroll in other JHU divisions through the interdivisional registration process during the summer terms. Students should register and pay for the course at their home division. The course, along with credits and grade, will appear of the student’s home division transcript. Approval is required from both the home and host divisions to ensure that the interdivisional enrollment is appropriate for the student’s degree. Summer courses in other divisions must be taken for a grade.

Registering for Courses through the Baltimore Student Exchange Program

Undergraduates may take one course per semester (fall/spring only) at one of the several area colleges and universities that comprise the Baltimore Student Exchange Program (BSEP). This program includes the following colleges in the Baltimore area: Community Colleges of Baltimore County, Coppin State University, Goucher College, Loyola University Maryland, Maryland Institute College of Art, Morgan State University, Notre Dame of Maryland University, Towson University, University of Baltimore, University of Maryland Baltimore County, and Stevenson University. 

Students who have received Air Force ROTC scholarships will register for the required ROTC courses at the University of Maryland College Park using the cooperative institution registration process described in this section.

Courses that are equivalent to those offered at the Homewood campus may not be taken through BSEP. Students register in person with the Homewood Registrar. Students must submit a registration or add/drop form along with a supplemental registration form for the program. The form is available from the Registrar’s Office, 75 Garland or from the student’s academic advising office. The faculty advisor’s approval signature is required for all courses. An academic advisor from the student’s advising office must also sign the form. Submit completed registration materials to the Homewood Registrar’s Office.

Prior to the start of classes at the host school, visiting students may report to the host school’s registrar for additional assistance (for example, campus maps or id cards) . Visiting students are not required to complete registration forms at the host school, and no academic record is established at the host institution. There is no additional fee or tuition charge for courses taken through the cooperative education program, except when the host school charges a laboratory or materials fee. In that event, the student pays the fee directly to the host institution.

Courses at these schools must be taken for letter grades. Both grades and credits appear on the Hopkins academic record along with an indication of where the courses were taken. The grades are included in calculations of the grade point average.

Cooperative Education in Engineering

Engineering students may participate in government or industry-based cooperative education programs. Students who have received an offer from an employer should contact the Engineering Advising Office at 410-516-7395 or


Enrollment in the Johns Hopkins University Department of Military Science ROTC Program prepares students for full- and part-time careers in the U.S. Army and its Reserve Forces, as well as providing leadership and management skills valuable in any profession. Freshmen interested in finding out about the military profession should enroll in a Military Science course. Contact the professor of military science at (410) 516-4685 for enrollment procedures and scholarship information.

Final Examination Schedule for Fall and Spring Semesters

The Registrar establishes the final examination schedule. Official university policy is that students will have no more than two final exams on the same calendar day. In rare cases, the official final exam schedule available on the Registrar's website, may slot three final exams on one day for a student. Students should contact their advising office for assistance in these instances. Instructors may administer final examinations only at the officially scheduled time, not during class time or during the reading period. Take-home final examinations, and other final exercises (such as papers), that are expected to be prepared for and completed after classes have concluded, are due at the end of scheduled in-class final examination time for the course. All other papers can be due at any deadline during the semester set by the professor, including the reading and final examination periods. Students who are concerned that any of these policies are being violated by their instructors should notify their academic advising office.

The final exam schedule is posted on the Office of the Registrar's website.